Saturday 25 June 2016

Agreeing with the Greeks: character as the basis of a good life

the more i write, the more i find my writing resembling the Greeks, whom have always despised.

The Greeks wrote on character and how to be a good person.

The more I think, the less I write about what is right and wrong and the more I write about how to decide for yourself what is good and evil. I don't myself trying to develop a simple theory of what makes a person and from there build a basic guide to good character.

The circle closes.

(Or maybe this is a result of my upbringing. My father read Plato and based much of his own codex of behaviour on paid ideas of a good man. He then transmitted this me. O
Today I think I'm having original ideas and coming to rational conclusions when in reality the paths my thoughts take were laid down twenty or so years ago. )

No comments:

Post a Comment